February isn't quite over yet, but I thought I'd start the roundup anyway. I'm just in that sort of mood! It's been a changeable kind of day, with spells of blue sky, sunshine and mild, spring-like air, but now the sun is fading and it's tipping down with rain. A grey and reflective kind of moment.
So, how did I do against my February goals?
1) Keep up the momentum for Yarnscape/Textiles In Focus.
Yes! TIF was last weekend, and I had a *wonderful* time. Re-entry back into the day job has been hard. Very hard.
2) *Finish my Moor sweater!
So close. **So** close. So close, in fact, that it might yet happen before the end of the month, and it's not really worth including as a March goal. I have steeked it, and knit the first armhole band, so there's just one more armhole, the neck band, stitching down the facings and a good blocking to go. Hmm. Maybe not the end of the month, then.
3) *Make significant progress on the maze scarf
No. Not one pick, not at all. Depressingly, that's exactly what I wrote last month.
4) *Ply up the Sweet Georgia Shetland
Yes! I have 650 metres of two-ply laceweight yarn, wpi yet to be determined. It's probably some of the finest and most consistent spinning I've done to dat, and I'm pleased.
5) Sample fleece for a 'sleeves in your pi' cardigan (Rav link).
In progress. I'm playing with sampling some Manx Loaghtan fleece I was gifted last year, in the grease:
I've managed to get a rather lumpy three ply of the right weight, but I'm not sure if it's the sort of yarn I really want to be spinning, or if I enjoy the process, so still ongoing.
6) *Plan my veg garden for the year;
Yes! As ever, I'm probably over-optimistic, but seeds have been surveyed and top-ups ordered. We're very close to planting time again now, albeit only the indoors bit.
7) Start cultivating my Pilates habit again
Not 100% success with this; I think I've managed six practises in the month, or 1.5 per week. There's time to fit in a couple more, which would boost the weekly average to 2, but that seems like cheating somehow. More to do here.
Okay! So, I have three solid 'yes' votes, out of seven, and a couple of 'partials'. Again, this list has kept me moving forwards on a range of projects, rather than letting everything else stagnate in favour of only one tight focus. Also again, I've vastly over-estimated what I can actually achieve in a month. So, what's
coming up for March??
- Launch an online shop for Yarnscape.
- Finish J's quilt. I made the top for him almost two years ago, and he's been bugging me and bugging me about it this winter.
- **Make significant progress on the maze scarf;
- Experiment with knitting socks on my knitting machine.
- EITHER: make significant progress on the spinning for the 'sleeves in your pi' cardigan (Rav link),
OR: decide I don't want to do this project, and pick/start another.
- Get the veg beds organised and fed/mulched as needed.
- Continue cultivating my exercise habit. This time round, this includes running, walking and yoga as well as Pilates. I'd like to be exercising 4-5 days per week, including longer dog walks.
There's also some brewing that needs attention, etc. etc. It's no wonder I don't ever seem to make progress against the eternal list of projects; it takes me so long to do anything!!