Away from my blog for almost a week?! Unbelievable. You’d be forgiven, indeed, for thinking that I haven’t been doing much… But you’d be wrong!
I have now completed ten repeats on my big weaving project:
(Weaving tends to look pretty same-y at this point in the game. You can only ever see the bit that’s between the front beam and the current working edge, you see, so you’ll have to take my word for it that there’s been progress – and be satisfied with a close-up for now!
And I have 12 of these plump little puppies sitting around, waiting for wet finishing:
(That’s about 500g of yarn, 1855m in total.) I have 6 and a bit batts left to spin, which could theoretically be done in a week – but which probably won’t be. I’m waiting for the yarn to be all spun up before I wet finish it, so that they all get basically the same treatment.
Myrtle is coming along, too! She now has (or is, I should say) a pair of sleeves!
I am planning to do a provisional cast-on for the body pieces, which always takes me a while (and we’ve had company, too). In addition, I plan to add in some ribbing for waist shaping, and to move the start of the moss stitch yoke down the body a bit, so I need to figure out what’s happening where before I really get going.
Probably the real reason I have stalled on the knitting, though, is that I have been working hard on these:
I’m now up to the start of the thumb gusset on the second mitt! That means I’ve figured out how to make it, and am now checking the pattern by working the second one. With any luck, I’ll be able to make this available to all you crochet enthusiasts before too much longer – just in time for autumn chilliness.
If we ever get any, that is.