Here is J's quilt, as it was when I gave it to him on his birthday, spread out over the sofa:
(yes, Woody jumped up onto it as soon as I'd taken the photo!)
Comparing it with the version I gave him two years ago, I really like the extra dimension that the deep border gives, and I'm very glad I went with the cyan fabric as the binding. The knotting seemed to take *forever*, and I'm not sure it'll hold for long – the jury is still out!
Obviously, the fabric pieces used for this quilt are quite big. They had to be, for two reasons: firstly, the prints on these fabrics are quite large-scale, and would have been lost if cut into tiny pieces. Secondly, I did the patchworking bit in a very few days, in secret. I needed it to be a quick job!
This quilt is a good size for wrapping up in on the sofa, or topping a double bed. I came back from spinning last Tuesday to find that it had been neatly folded – apparently, he'd spent the evening curled up under it, playing computer games, so I think it's a hit.
This weekend, I finally finished the 'signature':
I almost put a date range on it – but decided that was silly. Oh, and Ota (otter) is a nickname. 🙂
In my next quilt (and there are a few options lined up, oh yes!) I would like to explore some more complex piecing and finer detail. This one is big, bold, graphic and wonderful, but I could use a bit of a change next.